America we have problems. Oklahoma has a reputation for perhaps being the “reddest” state in the nation, and it does not seem to matter. On Thursday, Oklahoma’s anti-Sharia legislation was thrown out and ruled unconstitutional by a federal judge, Vicki Miles-LaGrange, in Oklahoma City.
An Oklahoma constitutional amendment that would bar the state’s courts from considering or using Sharia law was ruled unconstitutional Thursday by a federal judge in Oklahoma City. In finding the law in violation of the U.S. Constitution’s Establishment Clause, U.S. District Judge Vicki Miles-LaGrange issued a permanent injunction prohibiting the certification of the results of the state question that put the Sharia law ban into the state constitution. “While the public has an interest in the will of the voters being carried out, the Court finds that the public has a more profound and long-term interest in upholding an individual’s constitutional rights,” the judge wrote.
How can a law that is being called upon to protect the Constitution of the United States be considered “unconstitutional?”
The establishment clause is the phrase of the first amendment which reads, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion…”
Read More: freedomoutpost.com
- Oklahoma: Clinton-appointed fed judge sides with Hamas-CAIR, throws out vote to ban sharia law (creepingsharia.wordpress.com)
- Oklahoma Anti-Sharia Constitutional Amendment Struck Down By Federal Judge (huffingtonpost.com)
- Court Permanently Enjoins Oklahoma’s Anti-Sharia Constitutional Amendment (lawprofessors.typepad.com)
- Federal judge permanently blocks Oklahoma amendment banning Islamic law (jurist.org)
- The Bill Of Rights, Barbary Pirates And Sharia Law (libertyalliance.com)
- The Bill of Rights and Sharia Law (politichicks.tv)
- NC Senate Passes Anti-Sharia Bill (freedomoutpost.com)