BY: Marilyn Assenheim
Here’s a riddle: When is a law not a law? Answer: Whenever POTUS decides it isn’t. Well, no one said that the riddle was funny. It just happens to be true. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, 28, was released by the Taliban on Saturday after 5 years of captivity. Now he is not only facing allegations that he is a deserter but that, with their usual disregard for reality, the administration is doubling down on their agenda. The regime is sending up Sgt. Bergdahl as a hero and is scheduling him to be promoted. Again.
Bergdahl was exchanged for five Taliban prisoners, detained at Gitmo. POWs are not released while hostilities are ongoing; the manner in which Bergdahl’s release was procured is highly questionable. The president negotiated, in secret, with the Taliban, a terrorist organization. Congress was never informed. Questions of illegality aside, the release begs two questions:
- How does Bergdahl rate America negotiating with terrorists for his release?
- After being left to languish in captivity for 5 years why ram through Bergdahl’s release now?
Bergdahl’s release was procured at the cost of releasing five, known terrorists from Guantanamo Bay. The terrorists were identified by TheNew York Times:
- Mohammad Nabi Omari “one of the most significant former Taliban leaders detained at Guantánamo.”
- Mullah Norullah Noori also “considered one of the most significant former Taliban officials” at the prison…”
- Mullah Mohammad Fazl…a former Taliban deputy defense minister…
- Abdul Haq Wasiq, a former top Taliban intelligence official.
- Khirullah Said Wali Khairkhwa…former minister of the interior and provincial governor.
The New York Times conceded that Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel admitted to wrongdoing: “In this case, Hagel acknowledged in a statement that he did not notify Congress ahead of time.” The law calls for the secretary to do so 30 days beforehand. It didn’t even take 24 hours for Hagel and National Security Lickspittle Susan Rice to reverse the “my bad” admission on the Sunday talk show circuit.
A despotic pronouncement from the president is truly the bucket of muck after the flood. The Times revealed details: “When Mr. Obama signed a bill containing the latest version of the transfer restrictions into law, he issued a signing statement claiming that he could lawfully override them under his executive powers.” Kim Jong-un, move over. The Lyin’ King don’t need no stinkin’ separation of powers.
The first question posed earlier becomes more signifcant in light of Bergdahl’s own words. Bergdahl, far from being the “hero” portrayed by the regime is, in fact, as perfect an America-hating tool as POTUS’ administration could wish: “I am ashamed to be an American. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools…I am sorry for everything. The horror that is America is disgusting.” As if that wasn’t enough, he is accused of being a deserter/enemy collaborator. From FOX News: “A senior official confirms to Fox News that the conduct of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl — both in his final stretch of active duty in Afghanistan and then, too, during his time when he lived among the Taliban…is the subject of ‘a major classified file.’”
Nathan Bradley Bethea, who served in Bergdahls’ unit and was actively engaged in the search for Bergdahl over a period of months made a precise allegation after having been sworn to silence for five years: “…the truth is: Bergdahl was a deserter, and soldiers from his own unit died trying to track him down…” The New York Post featured the six soldiers that died looking for Bergdahl with their photographs: “Staff Sgt. Clayton Bowen and Pfc. Morris Walker on Aug. 18, 2009; Staff Sgt. Kurt Curtiss on Aug. 26; 2nd Lt. Darryn Andrews and Pfc. Matthew Michael Martinek on Sept. 4; and Staff Sgt. Michael Murphrey on Sept. 5.
More damning still the regime promoted Bergdahl twice, in absentia, during his captivity. They refuse to be cowed by the latest discoveries. They are preparing to promote Bergdahl again: “CNN’s Barbara Starr reports that a defense official said that Bergdahl will be promoted because he has not been classified as a deserter.”
The second question, “why now,” has many answers.
- Because a midterm election is coming up.
- Must show ‘I ended that war!”
- Because the administration is desperately trying to get the VA scandal off the front page.
- Because the regime is emptying out Gitmo one terrorist at a time.
- Because, the regime is desperate to fabricate a hero that will give them a positive talking point…even if they have to rewrite history to do it.
Slinging propaganda is something they really do excel at.
- Father of Deserter Bowe Bergdahl Claims the White House for Islam (eaglerising.com)
- Bowe Bergdahl’s Father Declares Muslim Victory – Obama Smiles as he Hears War Cry of Allah (freedomoutpost.com)
- Developing: Fellow soldier claims Bowe Bergdahl deserted to join Taliban (libertyunyielding.com)
- AWOL Traitor Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl Traded for Taliban Terrorists: “In the name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful,” AWOL soldier’s dad said in Arabic (freedomoutpost.com)
- BITTER BERGDAHL BACKLASH: Don’t Forget SIX Were Killed Looking For Taliban “POW “ (clashdaily.com)
- Did the U.S. Just Release 5 Jihadists and Get a Jihad Convert in Trade? (joeforamerica.com)
- Army may pursue Bergdahl desertion charge (nydailynews.com)
- Impeach Obama for breaking federal law exchanging 5 jihadists for deserter Bowe Bergdahl (fellowshipoftheminds.com)
- Obama: US Government “Not Seeking to Punish Bergdahl as a Deserter” (thegatewaypundit.com)