Everyone is celebrating the release of Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, and we’re glad he’ll be home with his family in Idaho soon.
However, there are questions that must be answered – like, why did the young Soldier walk off his Forward Operating Base (FOB) back in 2009? It’s not the modus operandi for Islamic terrorists to detain American troops when captured, as we reported previously. Our troops are brutally, ritually, and savagely murdered — to include American security contractors (remember the Fallujah bridge) — not held for five years.
And to have this “deal” brokered in Qatar (supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood) calls for even more questions.
What we do know are the identities of the five Afghan Taliban who were released.
According to a report in the Weekly Standard, they are five of the most dangerous Taliban commanders in U.S. custody. The Taliban has long demanded that the “Gitmo 5” be released in order for peace talks to begin in earnest. The Obama administration has desperately sought to engage the Taliban as American forces are drawn down in Afghanistan, but those talks have gone nowhere to this point.
- Bowe Bergdahl released by Taliban, GITMO prisoner exchange (deadcitizensrightssociety.wordpress.com)
- Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl exchanged for five Gitmo terrorists (libertyunyielding.com)
- McCain: Obama Signaling To The Taliban, Hang On, Because We’re Leaving (freebeacon.com)
- US soldier freed from captivity in Afghanistan (MinutemenNews.com)
- Only American soldier held prisoner in Afghanistan has been freed (conservativevideos.com)