We’ve seen signs the economy is improving, but in the Edgewater neighborhood today, we saw how many Chicagoans are struggling.
CBS’s 2 Jim Williams has the story in this original report.
It was a desperate attempt for a home: A line of thousands waited on Sheridan Road, north of Foster and around the corner.
Many, like Crystal Cooper, had been there all night.
“We’ve been here since 8 o’clock last night. We slept in our chairs with our covers,” said Cooper.
- Thousands Wait in Line for Subsidized Housing Applications (amren.com)
- Face of Abortion Exhibition Returns to Chicagoland (canadafreepress.com)
- One Killed, One Injured In Another Chicago “Gun-Free Zone” (godfatherpolitics.com)
- Another Golfing Pal Of President Is In The Rough, Over Staffer’s Alleged Kickbacks (cowboybyte.com)
- Muslims Get Preferential Treatment (victoriajackson.com)