“Gun Confiscation” is a term that should strike fear into the hearts of criminals, not law abiding citizens. But that is exactly what certain states like New York, Colorado and California are attempting to do with “tough new gun control legislation laws.” It is no secret that the Obama Administration really, really wants to do the same thing on a national level. Imagine what could happen if that were to take place? That means only “government” would have any guns. Australia did exactly that, and crime actually rose.
The research institute known as the Australian Institute of Criminology presents these statistics:
- Between 1995 and 2007, Australia saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban, America’s rate dropped 31.7 percent.
- During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
- Sexual assault — Australia’s equivalent term for rape — increased 29.9 percent.
- Overall, Australia’s violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.
- At the same time, U.S. violent crime decreased 31.8 percent: rape dropped 19.2 percent; robbery decreased 33.2 percent; aggravated assault dropped 32.2 percent.
Australian women are now raped over three times as often as American women.
In England, they have extremely strict gun laws, and they seem to be experiencing a rise in violent crime, as well.
California is already starting to confiscate legally purchased firearms.
Read more at http://freedomoutpost.com