You want to know why the left is more successful at politics? They are willing to move heaven and earth to create new dependency programs, despite the electoral risks. They understand that once the program is implemented, Republicans will never have the guts to undo it. And they are correct. Even some of our best conservatives lack the gumption to do what it takes to eliminate the worst program of all time – Obamacare.
In fact, House conservatives, not just the general rank and file Republicans, appear set to endorse Obamacare and approve its funding. Yes, even former Republican Study Committee (“RSC”) Chairmen Jeb Hensarling, Tom Price, and Jim Jordan along with present RSC Chairman Steve Scalise will do so, but I’m sure ACU will give them sufficiently high “conservative” scores to hide behind like they did with Mitch McConnell.
It’s ironic to watch some of the real conservatives and a lot of the so-called conservatives get excited about the prospect of producing a balanced budget with healthcare entitlement reform. Do these people really think we will be able to reform Medicare, which is a wildly popular program, when they lack the testicular fortitude to pull the trigger on Obamacare – a program that is still unpopular?
Republicans promised to defund Obamacare. They lied. Now we are at the end of the rope. If we don’t engage in a fight to the death over funding for Obamacare, it will forever be enshrined in the welfare state; it will forever relegate us to lethargic growth; it will forever make private healthcare unaffordable.
No – this is not one of those issues we shrug off and surrender due to an election. This is a fight we cannot lose because a majority of Americans still oppose Obamacare. This is a fight we must not lose or we’ll be talking in 20 years from now how to muster the courage to implement minuscule reforms to this behemoth, the same way we are talking now about Medicare.
Next week, the House will be voting on the CR to fund the government for the rest of the fiscal year. This is our last best chance to defund this thing and ensure it never takes root. There’s nothing more important to force a fight over than Obamacare. The fight over the sequester is already over.
Read More: http://www.redstate.com/
- Conservatives Challenge McConnell to Defund Obamacare: ‘IF You Fund It, You Own It’ (drhotze.com)
- Obamacare Brawl, Should GOP Press To Defund? (conservativevideos.com)
- Senators Building ‘Grassroots Army’ to Pressure McConnell, GOP Leadership to Defund Obamacare (cowboybyte.com)
- Boehner Non-Committal on Defunding Obamacare Mandate Through Must-Pass CR Bill (bighealthreport.com)
- Reid Admits: Obamacare Will Eliminate Private Insurance (lastresistance.com)
- Lee: Democrats Lack Will To Close Gov’t & Not Pay Soldiers Over Obamacare Defunding Fight (cnsnews.com)