Remember Fast and Furious? With all of the recent scandals we sometimes forget about our government putting guns in the hands of Mexican drug lords. We learned on Wednesday that some of those guns were involved with 3 more crimes in Mexico.
Three more weapons from Fast and Furious have turned up at crime scenes in Mexico, CBS News has learned, as the toll from the controversial federal operation grows. According to Justice Department tracing documents obtained by CBS News, all three guns are WASR-10 762-caliber Romanian rifles. Two were purchased by Fast and Furious suspect Uriel Patino in May and July of 2010. Sean Steward, who was convicted on gun charges in July 2012, purchased a third. The rifles were traced yesterday to the Lone Wolf gun shop in Glendale, Ariz. During Fast and Furious and similar operations, federal agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) encouraged the Lone Wolf and other gun stores to sell massive amounts of weapons to questionable purchasers who allegedly trafficked them Mexican drug cartels. Patino is said to have purchased 700 guns while under ATF’s watch. Ever since, a steady stream of the guns have been recovered at crime scenes in Mexico and the U.S. But the Justice Department has refused repeated requests from Congress and CBS News to provide a full accounting. An estimated 1,400 guns are still on the street or unaccounted for.
1400 guns in the hands of criminals thanks to our federal government. It’s mind numbing.
Tim Brown reported last month that Fast & Furious guns were used in the murder of a police chief. The body count continues to rise. CBS did not comment on the nature of the three recent crimes so hopefully no more lives have been lost.
Read More: freedomoutpost.com/
- More ‘Fast and Furious’ weapons appear at Mexico crime scenes (foxnews.com)
- More Fast and Furious guns surface at crimes in Mexico (patriotoutdoornews.com)
- Mexican Police Chief Murdered With “Fast And Furious” Gun (godfatherpolitics.com)
- Holder discussed gun-running with Mexico in 2009 (conservativebyte.com)
- Council on Foreign Relations Says More Gun Control Needed in US to Curb Violence in Latin America (freedomoutpost.com)
- FBI Allowed Informants to Commit Over 5,600 Crimes (godfatherpolitics.com)
- Murdered Border Patrol Agent’s Family: Nothing “Phony” About Deaths Tied To Fast & Furious (freedomoutpost.com)