Chicago has a long tradition of padding its vote totals by placing homeless and deceased persons on its voter registration list. Jim Laski, who once served as the City Clerk of Chicago, second in power only to the mayor, noted in his book My Fall From Grace that fraudulent voters were registered to addresses that included cemeteries, municipal buildings, and taverns. The taverns, at least, are understandable: politically connected city workers spent so much time on bar stools the Board of Elections thought they lived there.
Other voters who had died or moved away were also on the voter registration list. Once again, the tendency for the dead to vote in Chicago can be easily explained: the dead cannot be expected to walk to City Hall and remove themselves from the registered voter list. Everyone in Chicago knows they can only walk as far as the local polling place. This tradition was verified in 1983 when the registered voter list was examined and it was found that 3,000 had either died or moved away.
Since 1985 Chicago has pioneered new ways to promote illegal immigration. After 1990 the illegal immigrant population in Chicago and the nation skyrocketed. As illegal immigrants flocked to Chicago, a method was needed to get them on the registered voter list. Although 80,000 illegal aliens voted in 1982, the old-fashioned way, through vote fraud; by 2005 both Cook County and the state of Illinois had moved to allow photo I.D. to be given to illegal immigrants by passing matricula consular laws.
By allowing the matricula consular to function as an official photo I.D., Illinois and Chicago can say they are conforming to any Voter ID requirement. But the Cook County law (most Illinois illegal immigrants live in Cook County) also allows the consulates of Mexico and “any other Latin American country” to issue the consular I.D.s at their discretion. In effect, Illinois has enabled foreign countries to decide who votes in U.S. elections.
- Barry Soetoro DC Voter Registration Form Could Be Evidence of More Voter Fraud (godfatherpolitics.com)
- Group demanding transplants for illegal immigrants from Chicago hospital (cowboybyte.com)
- Why Americans Are No Longer Buying the “For Your Safety” Hogwash (politichicks.tv)
- Illinois’ Cook County Begins Gun Confiscation (freedomoutpost.com)
- Chris Matthews: Democrats ‘Believe In Illegal Immigration’ (newsbusters.org)
- U.S. Amnesty Shelters Revealed: Law Enforcement Ordered to Stand Down (conservativebyte.com)
- Report: Feds Purchasing Hotel Rooms For Illegal Immigrants (freebeacon.com)