At a time when American families are struggling to put food on the table, gas prices are once again on the rise. As if it isn’t enough that the nation is suffering with a crippled economy and an influx of unemployment, now we get to be squeezed at the pump as well. What is more troubling than this is the silence from the Left.
The Bush years saw a few spikes in oil prices but they were brief and he turned over to Obama a national average of $1.85 per gallon. The Obama years have shown us consistently higher prices that have been hanging closer to the $4 mark throughout both of his terms thus far.
In 2005 in a speech on the floor, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz viciously attacked the GOP using a bobblehead doll as a prop wailing against the fact that gasoline had briefly reached $3 a gallon. In 2006, Nancy Pelosi had this to say when the national average was at $3.07 per gallon:
“With Memorial Day travel and the start of summer driving only a few weeks away, drivers are paying a heavy price in the Bush administration’s failure to enact a comprehensive energy strategy. Years of Bush administration’s policies have favored big oil over the consumer–have resulted in record dependence on foreign oil leaving American families and businesses to pay even higher prices.”
In July of 2006, then-Senator Hillary Clinton referenced this as well saying [that]…this is “indicative of this administration’s failed policies.”
So where are they now? The Sunday morning quarterbacks from the Left seemed to have disappeared.
Read More at: politichicks.tv
- With Houston Gas Prices Up, Tips for Saving at the Pump (local.allstate.com)
- Amarillo has the lowest gas prices in the state (amarillo.com)
- Nashville gas prices continue to decline (bizjournals.com)
- Liberal Hypocracy on Gas Prices (phillyconservative.com)
- Chicago Gas Price Averages Are Highest in the U.S. (local.allstate.com)
- Iran: We Continue to Bypass Sanctions and Embargoes (freebeacon.com)
- U.S. Fracking Threatens Russia’s Energy Dominance (freebeacon.com)
- Government Hiding Inflation Behind Gas Prices (lastresistance.com)
- Obama’s War On Coal Is A War On America (freedomoutpost.com)