Trump’s nominees for Deputy Attorney general and Associate Attorney general appeared before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday for their confirmation hearing. We can always depend on Sen. Dianne Feinstein to enlighten us on why none of President Trump’s nominees should be considered for anything…ever.
But, honestly, this – by far – has to be the dumbest thing she’s ever said.
‘…there is a real danger, I believe, that the Justice Department could become politicized.”
WHAT!!!? No, Dianne Feinstein – say it isn’t so! I still can’t decide if she thinks voters are blind, dense, or completely oblivious.
But, seriously – where the heck was Dianne Feinstein when…
- Bill Clinton was meeting with Attorney General Loretta Lynch on that tarmac?
- Deputy Attorney General, Sally Yates, announced that she would not do her job and defend federal law and the actions taken by President Trump? The President’s position was entirely defensible and he was entitled to have the Department of Justice defend it in court. But, Yates refused because she “didn’t agree with it.”
Tell me those weren’t actions of a politicized Justice Department?
In fact, Sen. Ted Cruz recently rattled off a number of “politicized” actions of Obama’s Justice Department. He offered that Democrats were silent when…
- “When the Department of Justice used Operation Choke Point to target legal businesses because they disagreed politically with those businesses.”
- “When the Obama Justice Department sent millions of dollars of taxpayer monies to sanctuary cities that were defying federal immigration law.”
- “When the Obama administration refused to enforce federal immigration laws and unilaterally re-wrote these laws.”
- “When the Obama administration released tens of thousands of criminal illegal aliens including rapists and murderers into the general population.”
- “When the Department of Justice signed off on the Obama administration paying a nearly $2 billion ransom to Iran, contrary to federal law.”
Perhaps her concern is that the Justice Department might actually start doing its job and follow the rule of law? Then where would the corrupt Democrats be?
CNS News reports – President Trump’s nominees for Deputy Attorney general and Associate Attorney general appeared before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday for their confirmation hearing, which took on added importance, given Attorney General Sessions’ decision to recuse himself from any investigation dealing with the Trump campaign and Russian meddling in the U.S. election.
Even before Rod Rosenstein and Rachel Brand testified, the committee’s ranking Democrat Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) called for a special prosecutor to investigate the alleged Russia-Trump collusion — for which there is still no evidence.
Feinstein also said that being “nice” and having “impressive credentials” are not enough to qualify Rosenstein and Brand for their proposed jobs:
“We need independent, fair-minded public servants who will adhere to the rule of law and look out for everyone in this country, not just the powerful or well-connected. We need steel spines, not weak knees when it comes to political independence in the Department of Justice,” Feinstein said.
“And there is a real danger, I believe, that the Justice Department could become politicized.”
Read More: http://www.cnsnews.com/