Representative Henry Waxman (D-CA) has proposed a federal gun bill in the United States House of Representatives that would ban the sale and possession of 80% Ar-15 receivers. However, the way the legislation reads, it actually bans much more than receivers. It appears to include virtually any part used to build a semi-automatic weapon.
H.R. 2910 was introduced on August 1, 2013. The particular lower that is referenced is one that is not considered a firearm because it still requires some basic machine work before it is ready to be used in building a firearm.
The benefit to purchasing an 80% lower versus a completed lower is that you can complete the work yourself. Once you have done that, there is no need for the gun to have a serial number or be registered as long as it remains in your possession for personal use.
AR-15receiver Obviously, this is a loophole in federal gun legislation, which should not have even been law in the first place. Thus, anti-gunners such as Henry Waxman are only too happy to attempt to plug the hole in the law and prevent you or me from building our own gun without having to register it.
Read More: freedomoutpost.com
One would hope it dies in the committee, but just to be sure, perhaps you want to contact your representative to make them aware of this sweeping gun control bill and voice your opposition to it. You can do so by clicking here.
- Federal gun bill would ban AR-15 lower parts kits, barrels and receivers (patriotoutdoornews.com)
- CA Considers Ammunition Registry for Gun Control (drhotze.com)
- Private Gun Buyback Program Redistributes Guns To The Poor And Unarmed (politicaloutcast.com)
- When Rednecks Attack. (gundebate.com)
- Arizona sheriff arming deputies with AR-15 style rifles to ‘fight back’ against criminals (cowboybyte.com)
- State by State Glance at the Latest Gun Control Legislation (janmorganmedia.com)