Barack Obama has once again demonstrated his utter contempt and disdain for the American people. Recently he claimed to revamp the National Security Agency’s (NSA) surveillance activity prior to the leaks made by whistleblower Edward Snowden. In reality, Obama was accelerating the spying and diminishing oversight and review.
Remember last week’s press conference, where President Obama insisted that he had already kicked off the process of a major review of the way we do intelligence and surveillance in this country — and about how he was going to set up an “outside” review group to look all this over? The same review group that will be set up by and report to James Clapper (but, the White House assures us, not run by him)?
Right, so a few people pointed out that President Obama already has an independent group that’s supposed to do that thing: called the President’s Intelligence Advisory Board (PIAB). There’s just one tiny, tiny problem in all of this. It now appears that, back in May, just before all the Snowden stuff started coming out, it appears that the administration basically kicked nearly everyone off of the PIAB board. It went from 14 members down to just four. And those members were basically asked to leave:
“They kicked me off,” said former Rep. Lee Hamilton (D-IN). “I was on it a long time under Bush and under Obama. They wanted to make some changes.”
“I don’t know anything about whether they’ve brought in new members. They thanked me and that’s about all I know,” added Hamilton, widely known for his service as vice chairman of the 9/11 Commission.
Read More: freedomoutpost.com
- McCaul: Obama ‘Backtracking Ever Since’ Snowden Leaks (freebeacon.com)
- Poll: Only 11 percent believe Obama’s NSA promises (usjf.net)
- Guess Who Obama Put in Charge of Investigating the NSA? (cowboybyte.com)
- Snowden Leaks Deal Another Blow to Obama’s Credibility (MinutemenNews.com)
- On Saturday GMA, Obama’s ‘Personality’ at Press Conference Admired While Substance Ignored (newsbusters.org)
- How Obama misled public when he said protected channels existed for Snowden (salon.com)
- Oversight Putsch: President Obama Fired Nearly All Members On Key Intelligence Advisory Board (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Dem Senators: NSA Violations ‘Tip of the Iceberg’ (breitbart.com)
- President’s intel advisory board virtually empty amidst rampant surveillance (rt.com)