First, Oprah Winfrey made a gross mistake by equating the death of Trayon Martin to the murder of Emmett Till. Read my earlier post for the details.
Now, Oprah is embroiled in another race controversy.
During an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Oprah claimed she experienced racial bias during a recent trip to Switzerland when an employee of a retail shop refused to show her an expensive handbag:
Oprah told Entertainment Tonight that a shop assistant in Zurich refused to show her a handbag that was “too expensive” for one of the world’s most powerful and richest women. She told the story when asked by ET about the use of the N-word.
“Racism for me doesn’t show itself that way. It still exists,” she said and went on to explain what happened in the Zurich shop.
“Obviously, “The Oprah Winfrey Show” is not shown in Zurich,” she told ET. “I say to the woman, “Excuse me, may I see that bag right above your head?” And she says to me, ‘No, it’s too expensive.’ She refused to get it.”
Read More: deneenborelli.com
- Oprah Outrages and Race Controversies Debated by Deneen Borelli vs. Tara Dowdell on Hannity FNC (conservativevideos.com)
- Will The Hillary Films Include… The Pardon & Clemency Scandals? (conservativevideos.com)
- Oprah Winfrey apologizes for Switzerland store racism media frenzy: I’m sorry ‘it got blown up’ (nydailynews.com)
- Correcting Oprah’s Lies on Race (deneenborelli.com)
- Oprah’s Handbag vs. Duck Dynasty’s Hotel (godfatherpolitics.com)