The headlines at The Drudge Report over the last few days demonstrate the valid need for private gun ownership. So, naturally, President Obama pushed for the exact opposite.
Making yet another pitch for gun control on Monday, Obama said, “We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis.”
A better question to ask ourselves is from where and from whom the gun violence in America is specifically coming.
Liberals, Puritans when it comes to racial realities, see it as taboo to point out that most gun homicides in America are committed by a certain race of people, a race that exists in very high numbers in cities like Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, and Washington, D.C. These cities also make the top-10 list of highest gun-homicide rates.
It is the way this particular race has reacted to the George Zimmerman trial that vindicates Second Amendment activists.
- Large groups of that race gathered in Oakland, CA, on Sunday night to protest (read: cause destruction of private property) the verdict of Not Guilty for Zimmerman
- Zimmerman’s parents are in hiding because they have been receiving many death threats. This is according to them, but I have no reason to doubt the claim.
- A white jogger was abducted by three members of that race in Mississippi. Before bludgeoning him into unconsciousness, they told him, “This is for Trayvon!”
- In Baltimore, a witness to the beating of a Hispanic man at the hands of a group of young members of this race said that the attackers repeated the refrain: “This is for Trayvon!”
- A business in Chester County, PA, was graffitied with the imperative “Kill Zimmerman” spray-painted in red on the front façade–and not even artistically. The building was then set on fire.