Frustrated by his failure to convince House Republicans to vote for his amnesty legislation, Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., threatened conservatives that President Obama would unilaterally give all illegal immigrants amnesty if the House does not vote on his bill.
Speaking to Tampa’s, Fla.., WFLA, Rubio said, “I believe that this president will be tempted, if nothing happens in Congress, to issue an executive order as he did for the Dream Act kids a year ago, where he basically legalizes 11 million people by the sign of a pen.”
A very real threat
Rubio is right about one thing: It is entirely likely that Obama would extend his existing unilateral amnesty program to a blanket amnesty program if Congress does not pass Rubio’s amnesty plan this year. In fact, as previously reported by the Washington Examiner, the amnesty lobby is already pushing Obama to do exactly that.
Read More: washingtonexaminer.com
- Palin Throws Down the Gauntlet on Primary Challenges to Rubio (janmorganmedia.com)
- SPANKED: AZ Sheriff Lashes Out At Rubio: “You Know Nothing About Our Border” (clashdaily.com)
- Floridians Move To Recall Marco Rubio (freedomoutpost.com)
- Marco Rubio Calls for Repeal of Healthcare Reform (freebeacon.com)
- Marco Rubio’s new mission: Win back the Republican Party’s base (usjf.net)
- Rubio: Obama will ‘basically legalize’ 11 million by executive order if immigration reform fails (dailycaller.com)