Following car bombings in Baghdad, which appear to have targeted Shi-ite Muslim festivities that marked the end of Ramadan, State Department spokesperson Jen Psaki issued a press release in which she denounced the “enemies of Islam.”
“The United States condemns in the strongest possible terms the cowardly attacks today in Baghdad. These attacks were aimed at families celebrating the Eid al-Fitr holiday that marks the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. The terrorists who committed these acts are enemies of Islam and a shared enemy of the United States, Iraq, and the international community.”
According to Reuters, there were twelve separate bomb blasts that targeted markets, busy shopping street and parks, which resulted in the deaths of nearly 80 people.
Interestingly, we have not seen a condemnation of a jihadist attack this quickly. Even now, the administration does what it can to sweep Benghazi under the rug which was clearly a jihadist attack.
However, the “enemies of Islam” don’t get such a courtesy.
As horrific as these bombings are, obviously fueled by sectarian differences, it’s troubling to see that the Obama administration has now put the U.S. government in the business of denouncing “enemies of Islam.”
Read More: freedomoutpost.com/
- Syrian Crisis Spills into Neighboring Countries (politichicks.tv)
- Rudy Giuliani: Politically Correct Thinking Hurts Ability to Stop Terror (freebeacon.com)
- Truth Begets Hate – Exposing The Irrefutable Denial of Reality Of Jihad Threat (freedomoutpost.com)
- Benghazi Terrorists: ‘Dr. Morsi Sent Us’ (cynthiafarahat.com)
- The Abandoned (freebeacon.com)