MILWAUKEE – Deidri Hernandez’s seven-year-old son won’t be in school today, after officials at Tippecanoe School for the Arts and Humanities confirmed they’re still holding “Switch It Up Day” – a time for students to come dressed as members of the opposite sex.
Hernandez tells EAGnews the day was originally billed as “Gender Bender Day,” but Tippecanoe officials made the name change after she called Principal Jeffrey Krupar to complain.The Milwaukee mother was not impressed.“I didn’t have a problem with the title. I had a problem with the activity taking place,” Hernandez says. She says it’s “ridiculous” and “creepy” to ask elementary boys to come to school dressed as girls, and vice versa, and predicts that having students dress as “transvestites” will distract from the learning process. Hernandez knows of at least one other parent who shares her concerns and plans to hold her child out of class, too.
But it’s the motivation behind “Switch It Up Day” that has Hernandez most concerned.
She wonders if it is being done to promote the acceptance of homosexuality to students in school, which runs from pre-kindergarten through eighth grade. Hernandez thinks it’s inappropriate to expose young children to these issues, even in a light-hearted manner.
Read More: http://eagnews.org/
- California’s transgender kids now may choose between girls or boys restrooms (joeforamerica.com)
- California Becomes First State to Pass Dangerous “Transgender” Law (drhotze.com)
- Gender Confusion and the Death of Common Sense (bighealthreport.com)
- Let the Boys Be…Girls (genfringe.com)
- New Calif. Gender Law: Boys Are Boys, Girls Are Girls…and Vice Versa? (foxnews.com)