Written By Constitutional Attorney Michael Connelly, J.D.
How would you feel if you received a letter from the U.S. Government informing you that because of a physical or mental condition that the government says you have it is proposing to rule that you are incompetent to handle your own financial affairs? Suppose that letter also stated that the government is going to appoint a stranger to handle your affairs for you at your expense? That would certainly be scary enough but it gets worse.
What if that letter also stated: “A determination of incompetency will prohibit you from purchasing, possessing, receiving, or transporting a firearm or ammunition. If you knowingly violate any of these prohibitions, you may be fined, imprisoned, or both pursuant to the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, Pub.L.No. 103-159, as implemented at 18, United States Code 924(a)(2).”?
That makes is sound like something right from a documentary on a tyrannical dictatorship somewhere in the world. Yet, as I write this I have a copy of such a letter right in front of me. It is being sent by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to hundreds, perhaps thousands, of America’s heroes. In my capacity as Executive Director of the United States Justice Foundation (USJF) I have been contacted by some of these veterans and the stories I am getting are appalling.
The letter provides no specifics on the reasons for the proposed finding of incompetency; just that is based on a determination by someone in the VA. In every state in the United States no one can be declared incompetent to administer their own affairs without due process of law and that usually requires a judicial hearing with evidence being offered to prove to a judge that the person is indeed incompetent. This is a requirement of the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution that states that no person shall “… be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law…”.
Read More: http://redflagnews.com
- Army Vet Denied 2nd Amendment Rights Over Minor 42-Year-Old Charge (politicaloutcast.com)
- State by State Glance at the Latest Gun Control Legislation (janmorganmedia.com)
- EXPOSED: California’s DOJ New Armed Prohibited Persons System Ain’t all it’s Made Up to be (girlsjustwannahaveguns.com)
- LAPD Makes Criminals Out of Harmless Civilians (girlsjustwannahaveguns.com)
- Navy Vet Asks If NSA Is Spying On Him – NSA Says It’s None Of His Business (freedomoutpost.com)
- IG Report: Federal Energy Agency Disadvantaged Military Vets in Hiring (freebeacon.com)
- Psychiatry As a Weapon of Tyranny (americanfreedombybarbara.com)
- Colorado’s Anti-2nd Amendment Attack Continues (politichicks.tv)
- Constitutional Attorney Goes Nuts Over Obama’s Recent Executive Action: If A Child ‘Confesses’ To A Pediatrician That Mommy & Daddy Have A Gun In The House, Feds Can Disarm Parents… (thelastgreatstand.com)