Sometimes when shady plans backfire, they backfire really well. This was definitely the case on Saturday May 31st in Tulsa Oklahoma, as The Oklahoma Open Carry Association met Moms Demand Action for the first time.
The anti-gun group requested a booth at the local farmers market and was denied, so they set up shop right on the outskirts of the downtown Tulsa event in order to gather signatures. They were a bit surprised when members of The Oklahoma Open Carry Association approached them to ask some questions. As is usually the case when dealing with liberals, the questions we asked went unanswered as the host of their event, (who incidentally, didn’t look like that much of a mom seeing as though he was a man) deflected the questions and attempted to change the subject, ridicule and even accuse us of wanting to start a war with the police. This came about because he made it perfectly clear that he didn’t want to be in any public establishment with citizens carrying handguns in the open. He was alluding to his belief that we are just a bunch of untrained rednecks that simply shoot indiscriminately in all directions just to prove how big our egos are.
This is when yours truly cited some statistics concerning the fact that police actually kill more innocent people than concealed carry holders. As noted above, he responded by accusing us of wanting to start a war with the police. All we were trying to do is find out how their plans would ensure criminals surrendered their weapons while simultaneously protecting our rights.
It was funny that he accused us of such hog wash because later, a Tulsa Police Officer agreed to allow us to pose around his police car after telling us he supports citizens openly carrying firearms.
- Tulsa Chipotle Kicks Out Moms Demand Action for Harassing Gun Group (gunsnfreedom.com)
- Chipotle Moves to Become a Gun-Free Zone (lastresistance.com)
- DEAR CHIPOTLE: I Won’t Bring Guns Or Money Into Your Crap Burrito Store (clashdaily.com)
- Gun-Control Group ‘Moms Demand Action’ Commends Chipotle’s “Gun Ban” (libertyalliance.com)
- The Mexican Standoff: Chiptole Tells Customers Not to Bring Guns in Stores (girlsjustwannahaveguns.com)
- Guns No Longer Welcome At Chipotle (dailysurge.com)