At West Point where cadets are groomed into officers, a new 148-page report released on January 15 is urging enlisted men and women to be on alert for “terrorists” in the form of those who consider themselves patriots.
This study, released by the United States Military Academy’s Combating Terrorism Center, is entitled “Challengers from the Sidelines: Understanding America’s Violent Far-Right.” Its author, Professor Arie Perliger, the Director of Terrorism Studies at the Combating Terrorism Center and Assistant Professor at the Department of Social Sciences at West Point, holds membership in the Council on Foreign Relations and the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, as well as being a former instructor at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Considering his background, Perliger warns that growing legions of conservative-minded citizens across the U.S. pose a serious threat to our nation’s safety. Yet, whom precisely does Perliger deem as being affiliated with what he labels the “violent far right?”
In his own words, Perliger placed a bulls-eye on those who “espouse strong convictions regarding the federal government, believing it to be corrupt and tyrannical, with a natural tendency to intrude on individuals’ civil and constitutional rights.”
Even more specifically, Perliger asserted that other so-called extremists fall into the categories of anti-federalists, fundamentalist Christians, survivalists, gun-rights advocates, libertarians, pro-lifers, and those who oppose high taxation.
Not content with simply fingering these broad-reaching factions, Perliger zeroed in on another favorite globalist target. “Some groups are driven by a strong conviction that the American political system and its proxies were hijacked by external forces interested in promoting a New World Order.”
Read More: http://americanfreepress.net/?p=8607
- West Point targets believers in “individual freedoms” as terrorists (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Police Chief Requests Armored Vehicle From DHS After Calling “Free State Project” Members Domestic Terrorists (MinutemenNews.com)
- Snowden: Traitor, Patriot, or Something In-Between? (politichicks.tv)
- Where is the Anger over Fort Hood? (youngpatriots.com)
- Counterterrorism Expert: Threat of Homegrown Terror Has Escalated (freebeacon.com)
- Fort Hood Shooter Gets VIP Treatment, While Victims Of Shooting Continue To Be Ignored (cowboybyte.com)